Local independent Crosby bistro Mustard & Co seeks enthusiastic waiting & bar staff to serve and look after customers in our newly refurbished restaurant in Crosby. The restaurant opens Thursday – Sunday for lunch & dinner service.
A passion and interest in food, ingredients and drinks are an essential base for this role.You will need to have a minimum of 1 years waiting on experience in a full service restaurant. You will have an engaging personality and will need to deliver a refined and polished customer service with good sales skills and product knowledge. You will be passionate about creating the finest restaurant experience for our customers via our food and fantastic wine list.In return we offer a competitive salary and full share of tips. – Based on our product and current service level the tips have historically been fantastic for our staff.
For this reason Please only apply if you feel you can offer this refined service that we desireDuties will include:
- Welcoming and greeting our customers.
- Taking orders for food and drink and effectively with the kitchen team.
- Serving food and drinks to customers in line with our order of service.
- Checking with customers and asking for feedback about their meal.
- Promoting menu items and wine pairings.
- Clearing, cleaning and tidying tables, setting tables ready for service
- General cleaning duties in the restaurant and elsewhere in the premises as required
- Washing and polishing of glassware and cutlery
Person specification: Essential…-Candidate must have a smart appearance with good communication skills. You must have previous experience. Be a self-motivator as well as a team player. Have good communication and organisation skills. Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment. An enthusiasm for great service and exceeding people’s expectations. Passionate about and have a genuine interest in food and wine-Able to cope with the physical demands of service, lifting, carrying trays and being on your feet for long periods of time. Punctual, Reliable, HonestDesirable… Have a knowledge of wines.
Conditions/Wage – Dependent on experience…Plus Share of tipsPart-time and full-time hours available but weekend and evening hours will be required.
Job Type: Full-timeDepending on day/hours worked up to £20,000.00 /year.